Last modified: May 25, 2020
If you have any privacy concerns or questions please contact us at
What information does Zula collect and how is it used?
At Zula we care about the privacy of the information you share while using our service. We want to explain exactly what information is collected and how it is used, and are happy to address any other questions or concerns you might have.
- Social Network Log in / Contact information: After downloading and installing Zula, you may log in using your Facebook or Google account. Zula does not have access to your account credentials but rather is given permission by you to access your Facebook/Google account in order to access contact information which will be used by you to invite people into a Zula, as well as to authenticate yourself with the Zula app. Zula will only do this if you choose one of these methods of logging in to Zula. You can log out at any time. Alternatively, you can create a Zula account that will not access your Google or Facebook account information. You may also choose to link your Google, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts to Zula in order to easily search and invite friends and colleagues to Zula. In order to do this you will explicitly log in and enable these services from the Zula invitation feature. You may disable this search functionality from the Zula app, and revoke permission for Zula to access these services from Settings.
- Native address book contacts: Zula brings in contact information from the native address book on your iPhone/Android device and therefore it always has access to updated contact information that you put there. Zula only does this if expressly given permission by you the first time you use the invitation feature, and choose to link your native address book. This permission can be revoked later from Settings.
- Basic logs: Zula keeps a basic log of interactions between the application and the server, such as information about session date and time. This information is collected in order to ensure high quality and scalability.
- Communication history: Zula keeps a log of communications events that you carry out while using the Zula service. This information is used to improve the quality of our service.
- Zula messaging: Zula keeps a copy of incoming and outgoing messages sent and received by the Zula service. This information is never disclosed to anyone except for you when you are using the service.
- User Feedback – When you send information to the Zula service such as your feedback, feature requests, or technical questions, we will store these communications from you in order to maintain the best service possible.
Zula does not collect any information other than that mentioned above and never shares any of your information with subsidiaries, business or technology partners. If this policy changes all users of Zula will be informed.
We employ appropriate security practices to secure your information against unauthorized access, disclosure or destruction. These include ongoing reviews of our information security practices and governance processes.